Friday, May 27, 2011

more o' the same

I get so irate when folks propose creating political art merely as a spectator sport.


http://newmusicbox.org/chatter/chatter.nmbx?id=6944



d'accord
By philmusic
I'm certainly glad we all agree on this one.

Phil's agreeable page

Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 10:03:54 AM

___________________________________
http://newmusicbox.org/chatter/chatter.nmbx?id=6954


oh well..
By philmusic
I find it interesting that you and Mr. Little focus only on the intentionality of composition rather than the more prosaic politics of getting a performance.

I believe that you Colin don't believe that there are compositional teams that enforce orthodoxy--that is; excluding members by compositions style alone. I do. You know, those new music groups who up front will tell you (or not) that they won't perform serial, or "difficult" music--yet make the political calculus to perform "Important" composers like Babbitt and Carter etc.

Phil's Political page

Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 3:06:39 PM



If I wasn't clear
By philmusic
In that case I must strongly agree with Dennis. (It seems that there are also stylistic teams by "ideas" as well). On the other hand if everything in music is political then the politics of music just might be irrelevant.

How this might explain my political protest music, that stood on the barricade, or my use of style as satire is unclear.

My problem with the art Mr. Little describes is that there is no professional risk involved. No one goes out on a limb. Rather similar sentiments are a team requirement. not a choice.

Phil Fried

Phil's Song of the Communards, and no I wasn't there.

Thursday, May 26, 2011, 5:16:09 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment