Friday, March 18, 2011

This weeks nmb

http://newmusicbox.org/chatter/chatter.nmbx?id=6826

You know how DS bugs me.  Even more when his facts are all wrong.  Robert Schumann not political? Didn't he create an organization called the Davidsbund to fight the philistines?  Most important here is that he created musical characters, that is character pieces -these were instrumental works mind you --that reflected the the aims of his society.  If that's not political I don't know what is.  By the way if you don't think your work is important quit.


A comment
By philmusic
"..yet we can't heal an open wound or build shelter..." .

This is not the first nor will it be the last comment pointing out art's lack of utility in the face of human tragedy.

How wrong you are. Art provides solace, hope and healing.

Long after the rubble has been cleared art will bring the remembrance and the forgetting.

Phil's Page


____________________________________
 http://newmusicbox.org/chatter/chatter.nmbx?id=6824

Perhaps I had more to say here my problem was with Dennis-  ML is the same spouting off stuff he read that makes no sense.  The odd thing is that ML doesn't get that George Lewis's comments are directed at all the composers he professes to love.


Well its about time...
By philmusic
"...humans seem to have an inextinguishable hunger for the arts.."

Finally something we can agree on.

Phil's agreeable page


_____________________________________________
 http://newmusicbox.org/chatter/chatter.nmbx?id=6822
  
Not sure how to answer as Ratzo has still not replied to my other posts--ok it seems as if he is looking for answers its just that he is not so forthcoming himself--time will tell.


I love the AACM
By philmusic


AACM

Phil Fried, no sonic prejudice

Phil's improvisation page

Sunday, March 13, 2011, 2:31:44 PM





oppsey
By philmusic
Are you suggesting that improvisation and composition are synonymous?

Ratso, if I may call you that, I rename my page link for every post depending on the topic at hand. Sometimes as commentary or to make a point. Sometimes even as a joke.

Actually I do think that they are different skills as for me composition involves refection and improvisation is instantaneous.

For my specific comments on that look at my lesson page or here: Phil's other page

Phil Fried

Wednesday, March 16, 2011, 10:27:07 AM






 

No comments:

Post a Comment